« Home | Show me the money. » | Ecoutez Vous..s'il vous plait! » | STARCRAFT II - Hell, Its about time. » | Summers @ Delhi - One Month Report! » | M.B.A, Interrupted: Curtain Call for End of 1st Year » | Of Birthdays,Money, & Transformations.. » | WHY?<?xml:namespace prefix = o />Why is that th... » | Semesters nearly throughWalks across the streetMov... » | MURPHY’S Laws at SCMHRD » | Break The Shackles »

Happy Independence Day !

This is not just to all the Indians out there (specifically to our Pakistani brothers), but to anyone who really understands what it means to be free. Today, officially we have been free for 60 years. Wow. My dad would force me to get my ass out of bed and take a look at the parade in some channel called DD-1. I would think what a waste of time it was parades and all. What a humbug it was! Back in school I would feverishly look at the calendar a week back and hope that August 15 did not fall on a weekend (Invariably 70% of the times I would groan as I saw where it landed).



We seem to take a lot of things for granted in our lives. From our family, friends and loved ones and even our independence. I saw ET’s run up to ’60 years India’ editions and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I can recall when India turned 50 years free, my house, my family and the nation, everything was so great to see. I can still recall A.R. Rahman’s “Ma Tuje Salam” song and the riveting video, the shot of the 2 year old tribal girl on the sand with an Indian Flag in her palm. I cant believe it has been 10 years since that happened. I was just what..23-10= 13 years then. I can’t believe that 10 years has passed but I can still recall those good old days like it was yesterday. We have certainly come a long way after that now..



Be proud to be an Indian. We might have taken a long time to get to where we are now and still have to tread quite a distance to where we want to go. Its never a better time to live in this great country. People look up to us and wait for the next big thing to come from here. As Clinton said ‘India has changed from the worlds #1 worry to the worlds #1 marvel’. Even my roomie has got a nice pair of the Indian Tri Colour Flag on his table



I will still know more about the US economy, follow the US presidential debates on Youtuebe.com , wear US stuff my sister has sent me, read American Fiction. But it has never felt so good to be an Indian.


Oh..and I just found out that tomorrow we got to be there for the flag hoisting ceremony at 8:15 am…or get a fine slapped for 500 big ones..am I really free?!



Hi Raghav,
It always good to be proud of being an Indian. Yesterday only, i exp the joy of being in attention while Jana Gana Mana playing nearby, after so many yrs...

Post a Comment